R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 AM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HugolikaBoss
+1 on the one-way from the zero.
after i installed that one-way from a zero (no mods required except dont use the supplied pink spacer), the car was transformed from a bit of a pig into a weapon. i can now mostly drift a course with practice (impossible before) and pull of some impressive moves using the brake to lock the rear wheels. i love that it has an e-brake now!!!

mine still has the problem that it wont let go of the drift & keeps the rear coming around when i want it to transition!

if you are having the sh!ts with this car try these mods:

i added abt 250g of rear weight to try n tame the rear with some improvement to rear grip.

tamiya drift techs , being less slippery made it easier to do larger drifts. recommended. Yeah racing angled profile are the worst i;ve used - too slippery.

check your FDR is not too high. running a higher 19t pinion was better than 17t for me.

cheers for the advice pickled about the drive shaft chatter. i ended up just cleaning the crap off mine & now shes smooth as again. no mods or new ssk shafts required
Hey thanks man. I change my rear shock setup today to 4 hole piston running same oil as front and tweaked the camber front and rear so the inside wheel is at 0* at full lock so at rest is about 7* and rear to 1* and decreased the toe in to .5*. Tested out with Tdrift tyres can transition now with a little more predictability but its just a matter of watching for the transition and as it snaps the other way back off a bit and release steering so it doesn't go into spins then lay the throttle down again, I'm starting to get it. I changed my pinion to a 19T but left my 78T spur, might change over to the 80 and give that a go. Man it chews up the tyres pretty fast tho

Last edited by pickled; 10-20-2012 at 05:51 AM.