R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 AM
toast.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How about Hot Bodies Beams?

Originally Posted by \
jpcopeland1;11338810]It isn't so much the holes themselves as to where you place them. I myself put two holes in every set of rims I have just to let the tire breathe, and if I don't hear them breathe, physically holding the tire up to your ear and listening for air coming out, the either then hole is not big enough and needs to be enlarged, or the insert needs a couple of punches with a leather punch. This round of Clay Compound suburbs, I am taking a good pair of AKA closed cell inserts that have been broken in, and punching a couple of holes in them, and mounting on my new Suburb tires I just ordered. Been going through Pro-Line inserts like water lately and am tired of it. Sacrificing an almost brand new set of Jconcepts clay compound Bar Codes to do it (cutting at the inner bead and yanking out the inserts), but since I don't bother going back to the track where only those tires work well doesn't phase me. I wish there was really a 3rd option in tires where I race, but AKA and Panther don't seem to provide the grip I need for medium indoor wet clay. It's jconceots clay bar codes up front, and Pro-Line Suburbs back. Please would a 3rd manufacturer of tires hear my plea for another option, specifically AKA???????? In 8TH scale when I had my VE8 the Jconcets tires again were the only good choice in tires, Had major grip and didn't suffer from wheel spin as much as the Pro-Lines I bought along with the buggy. 8th scale is a totally different beast with all wheels going at the sdame time, need more balance as far as tires go and correct diff fluids (the most impotent). But again its the same thing, same tires, same inserts, boring...... The only good AKA trires I have run so far are the tires they make for indoor clay short course, and I don't like short course.