R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:18 AM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wntdcarbon
i forgot .... on my mods, using TA05 FOW you need to gain 5-8 negative camber..... because sakura D3 CVD is too short for the TA05 FOW Cups i thinks changing the Cvd to 46mm will be enough to reduce 5-8 negative camber, but if you dont put the one way bearing to the FOW tube of too much you can reduce the negative camber without changing the cvd to 46mm....

hope you can understand my English LOL !
The cups from the zero oneway may fit? theres a plastic spacer that the bearing rides on that fits over the inner side of the cups! if you get 1 test it out before pulling it apart? will your suspension arms fit from the TA05? I'm running 5* negitive camber on mine!

youre the man bro. !

but my another problem is, no available parts support no local distributor here in Philippines need to buy on-line... some distributor here still need to order online..
I get most of my parts online from rcMart good prices and fairly quick postage

im still thinking to buy Wide angle universal cvd. my D3 chattering in full lock steering
the zero ssk's SAK-X27 are a cheap alternative however the tamiya double cardins have a wider angle but are more expensive twice the price

It's a huge learning curve for me trying to drift this chassis coming from 50/50 chassis but I'm getting there slowly. I took it to my LHS tonight for a run on their track almost got all the way around a couple of times then put to much throttle on an went into full spins lol! I'm determined to master this ratio, but my cheap radio GT3C had power button issues where the wires break off the switch and so that ended my fun prematurely I've placed the switch in a different location now so that won't happen anymore! Their track is bitumen and is like ice compared to my vinyl floor at home lol

Last edited by pickled; 10-18-2012 at 06:51 AM.