R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Kevin K
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Azenis....I was having the same issue as you are describing when I first went to foams outside. The car gets to be hard to drive coming out of the corner when the throttle is applied. If this is the same thing that you are experiencing. Some other things you might want to try is making the car transfer more weight to the rear tires on throttle. You can do this by leaning your rear shock in more on the tower.....going to bigger hole piston in the rear and lighter oil.....adding a little pro-squat to the rear of the car this will make the car turn in even harder when you make this adjustment so make a little change at a time. I played around with these things and it helped a bunch. Also take the sway bars off or go down in size. One thing that worked for me was also running a softer rear tire then in the front. When ever I ran the same duro tire or even like a 40duro tire in the rear it makes the car feel likes it almost drifting and never really puts the power down....going to like a 37 duro rear tire helps but the wear rate was something that I didn't like. So I ended up going to a stiffer front tire like a 45 duro just to make the rear tire statically softer compared to the front. More rear Toe in will help lock the rear end up better and making the rear camber link full long will slow down the rear end of the car as well....make it more of a controllable slide if it slides at all. But I was in the same boat as what you are talking about. If you look at the Rob K setup that Erik posted that will get you going in the right direction.