R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR VS the spec racing
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 12:59 PM
trickedout
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
Another way to limit the spec class is to just allow only one type of esc/motor combo like the SP or the Novak spec system. Everyone will be the same level playing field. Why don't more people just do that instead of fighting over the motor of the week? Even better idea will be to spec the tires and batteries too.
I've stated my favor of the spec, handout motors but I think making a whole esc/motor combo or spec tires and batteries is maybe a little too much, You mise well just have a box stock class then. Tires cost pretty much the same from company to company and all have competitive tires, And the fact that some tires just don't feel the same to some people as others. Batteries I wouldn't even get into that, Its a widely debatable topic on what batteries are "worth" and this name vs that name and the whole "C-Rating" thing...just to much to regulate at a simple club level. In a stock class I have NO problems or worries running my "cheap" Gens Ace and Nano-Techs against $100+ Orions and Thunder Power, I know I'm just not getting beat by their batteries. Although I think its debatable that every ESC Blinky mode is the same...I think a Blinky class with handout motors would provide the best solution to the "stock" racing scene.