R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Jonas Andersson
Tech Rookie

@Hugo,
No problem, but I'm not sure about how it will work on other tracks. The CS-race carpet was not especially high bite, but as it was laid upon another sort of carpet it felt as though the car "got stuck" sometimes. As it also had no less than 3 chicanes on it the car had to be able to change direction rather fast, and with some sort of balance.

My dampers-setup, same both front and rear:
Oil: Schumacher 35 wt
Piston: Old grey, with rounded edges, HPI #2 (you can probably use standard Tamiya 2 hole-pistons too)
Rebound: Standard bladders, black Yokomo foam (red Tamiya-foam is just as good)

Now I just need to come up with a good excuse to why I give Tamiya drivers setup-tips. May get into trouble for this...

@V12,
I actually only write which position the damper has on the car (like LF, RF, RR and LR). I started out with 60 wt oil and 3-hole pistons though, which I believe is what the Tamiys guys are using, but I may be wrong. Anyway, it was a very nice race with a good atmosphere during the whole weekend. The hall was also VERY impressive! I'm not sure if I will attend the race in Zillisheim this year, it may be too close to the Worlds, but it would be a pity to miss it.