R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCXX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCXX
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 AM
cyclonetog
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Just noticed my setup sheet has the rear hub spacers the wrong way round !! It should have both shims in front of the rear hub to make the wheel base longer lol my bad
I'm not being funny but I'd change almost everything on that setup, if I tried to run that on my TCX it'd be undriveable.

I'd go back to silver springs all round, shock tower pos 2 front 4 rear.
I see rebound has vanished off the sheet, 3mm is a good starting point on carpet if you aren't on that already.
I'd consider trying short camber links though I see different results with that at different tracks so just try it's not a given.
If you've measured the droop as per the sheet (to centre of the pin) there's way too much, about 9mm all round is a good starting point.
A thicker real roll bar would add stability.
I'm still undecided on wheelbase, but you're way off what most people seem to run. At the front running all the spacers in front of the arm seems to work well and at the rear 2mm behind the arm and 2mm behind the hub is quite common.
I've never seen anybody run the 2nd hole on the 3 hole knuckle, the 3rd hole should calm the car down a lot.
The TypeC shell is awesome if the car is working well, but it has a hell of a lot of front end so I'd recommend using a Speed6 until you've made the car easier to drive.