R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Efra rules
Thread: New Efra rules
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Bishop
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think at some point, most need to realize RC is going to progress regardless of how much you may want to see it stand still.

That is not to sound cruel at all, just that the cars will naturally become lighter, technology will change, and rules will alter to suit that, or to make some of it fairer or a little more affordable within those developments.

We all personally have ideas of how that should go, but as a whole you just can't please all of us, so best case is compromise, hence things like it not going to 1550 and only going to 1650, other things in 8th maybe a little more controversial like less nitro, but all in the aim to maybe make things more affordable.

I honestly think less weight and nitro will make life easier on tyres, better grip through less weight and less wear, but not all see it that way, I remember there was also talk of less wing effect on 8th, also possibly meaning less tyre wear, which I think may be a big issue in 8th keeping people away from it.

Really I think nitro is in danger of being eaten up by electric more over time, so maybe a lot of what we see is some general moves to stop some of that, how though I'm not sure, but it's 'very' hard to convince people to do nitro these days when electric has the possibility of being a lot easier.

Nothing will ever quite have that wow factor of nitro though, but it's got to keep up with technology and find the balance of not going too far.

The talk of buying cars or not buying cars always gets me though, most of my support equipment outstrips any car I own, a new car is a drop in the ocean compared to everything I buy to support running and maintaining it.

I could also care less about what 'brand' you buy, plenty all have the ability to make low weight and do everything you could ask of it, but some get 'really' caught up in brand fever, which I have always found amusing, likewise finding faults and then picking them to death on forums.