R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 09:02 AM
RCGaryK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
we pretty much always ran staggered tire's front to rear on carpet but for a while I ran the same compound all around on the Losi to try and free the car up some. Traction can get pretty high bite on the rug and the last thing you would want is a losi pushing out more. I really love my MI2 and can't wait to run it head to head with the better TC3 driver's in my area since I feel that the TC3 has been the better carpet car for a while. Do you sauce your tire's? We use TQ orange and I sauce full front and rear.
I would like to stagger the inserts, but unfortunately the track has a spec cs27 tire rule. I use MPH Products T-Rx for traction compound, works better than TQ, comes in faster, and lasts longer too. I just installed the alloy inner mounts and the new rear hubs last night. I also reinstalled the front riser plate too. I plan on going to 80wt front oil (50 in there now) and 60 in back (40 in there now) to help reduce chassis roll. I will be doing a lot of testing tomorrow and tuesday too.