R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 PM
CoreyW.
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Hi guys, this is Andrew Hardmans mechanic. I can assure those that are skeptical about the potential of the new car, that the T4 is superior to the T3'12 in many ways. We were only able to test the new car a couple days before flying out to the IIC and despite missing the first day of practice, the car allowed for us to get up to pace within two, 2 minute runs. In fact, leading up until the first qualifier, we had just 14 minutes of practice time.

At this point, we were running the T4 for Mod and the T3 for Superstock. After the last practice, I was unable to get the T3 to where I thought it should be so we made the decision to run the T4 in both classes as it was already setting competitive times and was much eaier to drive(as per Andrew). This meant I would be a little busier changing over electronics but in our eyes it was absolutely worth it. As you guys can see from the results, we were able to do quite well without having the luxury of having two cars to optimize for each class. Not to mention, during the morning practice, Andrew had a freak crash with lapped traffic(all classes running together in the morning ) and unfortunately it de-laminated the front of the chassis. I managed to glue it back together but I could not remove the tweak which meant I had to run less camber on one side to counteract the snap oversteer turning left. This caught Andrew out on many ocassions but thankfully he is a wheel and still put in some greats runs. I hope this does not sound like excuses but I wanted to highlight these "obstacles" to show just how good the car really is even when it was not 100%.

The chassis will have to remain for this weekends local race and I am confident it will still put up the times we know it is capable of.

I will post our setup from the IIC in a couple days for those interested but if you have any other questions, ask away.

Corey Whiteman