R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Slash 4x4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 PM
toast.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

When I disconnect the servo and move the steering back and forth on the Slash it takes a lot of effort vs the mugen. The mugen feels like it flows while the slash feels like you need to work it. Tried 2 STRC steering sets and disliked them both. Notice the part with STRC, theres is a screw that fits through each hole which is too small for the hole. That left imo a lot of play in the steering, for some reason right side had more play then left. Like I said I tried 2 sets and didn't like them but maybe I did something wrong. Ended up using Hot Racing's set. It is also annoying to connect the servo to the horn. Not really ranting since I am very happy with the LCG but little things bug me.

Originally Posted by SSCLCG.com
Cool rundown Toast cause that's the 1st Mugen 1:8 buggy to SC 4x4 conversion I've seen. So what is the LCG-issue with steering? I see you have the STRC bellcrank and RCE Protrac-dimensioned a-arms which both add more response/steering. Also see you have the battery at the front of the rear slot-set.

High-end 1:8ebuggies are definitely a different class with much larger components (just the scale of the steering bellcrank setup is something else). Definitely an interesting approach to switching things up in SC4x4 and that's what I love most about the class (how vastly different each option available or converted is). It'll be interesting to see which 1:8ebuggy companies step into SC4x4 and what approach they'll take. As an Engineer the SC10 4x4 may be considered 'over-engineered' but I commend AE for starting from a blank slate. It sure will be tough to beat the touring-car style performance the efficient Traxxas Slash 4x4 drivetrain offers (for acceleration & braking). Even when weighed down to match say a Losi or even your Mugen, it'll still feel lighter.