R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 08:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well I ran the new R3 tonight. Car was fast all night long. In the main I was taken out on the 1st corner and batted back to 3rd in A but did run the fastest lap of day. I can't believe how fast Iw as and I even ran a one and have never ran one before at this track. Car was smooth and easy to drive all night. I very impressed with it.

Only real problem I have I think I read about before is their is just not enough steering throw on the R3 steering rack. The steering blocks are far from turning as far as they did on my R2. It would have really helped me to have more throw.

Speedtech don't have the Speedway ones in stock at this time and I'm going to a big race in 2 weeks and need to have this fixed before that. I will run the car next week and want to have a solution for it by then.

Ca I use the steering setup off my R2 and just change the center link between the steering links and the links going to the hubs? If I find a Speedway Pal steering rack how much more throw will I get? I'm looking for a blue one or would like to use the stock steering from my R2?