R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - havnt used my engine in over a year...
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
whatsitallworth
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default havnt used my engine in over a year...

Hey guys. been a while.. actually according to my last visited date, tomorrow would have been exactly 1 year since I logged on!

anyways, its been about the same amount of time since ive ran my buggy.

I have a lrp.32 engine in a mbx5 muggy. the engine is pretty new. only 3 or 4 tanks of fuel through it.

last time I drove it it ran fine, I burnt about 2 tanks of fuel with the girlfriend in an open field doing lots of top speed runs.

packed it up and havnt touched it in over 12 months.

I just tried pulling the pull starter slowly and it felt like it was dry inside or something.. so I stopped. and took it all apart. everything seemed fine still except for one thing.

when the piston hit TDC it would kinda get stuck in the sleeve... I took the sleeve out and the top part of the inside of it looks like the piston scuffed/polished it a little bit.

did I leave my engine sit for too long? is that why youre supposed to let it sit at TDC for long periods of time? seems like the part of the cylinder that had piston touching it is fine, but the top part of the cylinder seems to have gotten smaller, and is now not letting my piston go up and down smoothly.

any advice?