R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 10-06-2012, 03:50 PM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Thicker is better ? I am more interested in the flexibility and adhesion (as well as the detail, quality and variety), especially with the complex curves of the modern era F1 cars. I started with RC in '86 and took a many year sabbatical to play with 1:1 scale, returning to RC in 2003. I have won concourse in one and sometimes two classes at the Tamiya Nationals every year since 2004. With this experience, I would suggest the cut a small part of the backing of the decal off first to align and stick, then peel the rest of the backing. I don't use soapy water and have no problem applying them dry. Do they take a little more work than a "thicker" decal ? Why yes, yes the do. However, I have used thicker decals like the Decal Island F1 decal sheets. Great if you stick to a flat surface but forget trying to wrap a larger decal on a Tamiya McLaren or Ferrari F1 side pod.

Panda
+1
Thick stickers have a really hard time stretching and conforming to the complex curves of F104 bodies and wings (wrinkles and more wrinkles) and the thick edges are unsightly.
F1 paintlab stickers for the win

Panda- car looks great. Adjusted levels just a touch and you can see the car really shines.