R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??
Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Davidka
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbenton
I think it looks very interesting, but as a racing class it will not catch on unless another manufacturer or two steps in and offers something in the same class.

:edit:
Now this makes three times that Traxxas has pulled the trigger on new classes I can think of...

Short Course (that worked out well, every track runs that to death)

Dragster (jury is out on that being a racing class, not just for the lack of other options for cars, but the fact that it needs a "new track" to run, not going to do well on a VTA carpet...)
You sort of answered your own question. SCT was popular before a 2nd brand emerged. Legions of 1/8th off road racers came in racing monster trucks made by Traxxas.

An issue I see with these is that they're not likely to run well on existing off road tracks and R/C racers aren't likely to go and make a track specifically for this. It could be pretty cool. All you'd need to do a cool track is have a parking lot next to any other usable surface (gravel, short grass, dirt) so you could have a 2-surface track. Think Supermoto on 4 wheels.

Originally Posted by MOmo
Why is it that it takes Traxxas to suddenly RE-Legitimize a class?
Far and away the most accessible brand for new R/Cers. They're tough and parts are cheap and readily available. Shops love selling them.