R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??
Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 AM
MadMax1996
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Tower has them listed for $439- "order pending". With their history of over pricing things before release, then coming down, a $399- price tag would be nice. That will bring it in line with the Kyosho, and heaps cheaper than the HPI.
I saw that too. Just checked Stormer Hobbies and they list them for $399.95 so I'm guessing that will probably be the going price everywhere once it's out.

I really dig that Traxxas came out with a LCG chassis for this thing.. wondering if it's a direct bolt in for a Slash 4x4. I'm thinking many are hoping so.

As for them not giving the vehicle body a real identity like a Focus or Fiesta - maybe this has something to do with licensing. With Traxxas not sure of how well it'll be received, maybe going this route either saved them $$ or allowed to get it to market quicker. I definitely see them making other bodies for it going forward.

The Slash was generic at first but now has Raptor and RAM bodies... I'm guessing the 1/16 scale cars started out the same way - they still have the plain "rally" body for it also.