R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Slash 4x4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Happy Meal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SSCLCG.com
This is getting way out of context. Jason, Thomas basically told myself and Kain to shut-up in a very rude and politician-type manner. Kain's point is there was no reason for that kind of behavior and Thomas should have just let it be (which has nothing to do with product advice/support). I doubt we'll see a sincere apology from Thomas to Kain for being disrespectful and Kain to Thomas for calling him a reproductive organ so just let-it-be and agree-to-disagree guys.

On topic - has anyone tried the Exotek Carbon fiber towers yet? Does the 4mm thickness OEM-mesh or spread open the top of the gearboxes? The Traxxas aluminum towers have been great (ran them all year without any issue thru some real hard wrecks). I was personally considering developing carbon fiber shock towers after experiencing them on my Serpent ebuggy, but glad Exotek offered them before I started.
No, I didnt..... You said that you were glad to see that Traxxas was making an LCG Slash, to which I told you to please not confuse people, as what was seen is not necessarily reflective of what is out.
There is more to what is going on internally, and, it it tough to say something without being able to tell the whole story.....that was the problem with what you had said. I would have been more than happy to help you to understand why your speculation was pre-mature, but that would have required me to tell you what I know....and I cant do that at this time...especially after you told people that I was 'out of touch'.