R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Cpt.America
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
I'm getting ready to start building and am looking for a little advice. I see a few setups around, but they are all for mod. Starting with Tebo's Nats setup(which is for outdoor mod), what changes would you guys make for a starting setup for running 17.5 on a medium sized indoor clay track. I know this is speculation, but I don't really have much experience in 2WD buggy.
Thanks
The setup you will likely run between an outdoor track and an indoor clay track, will likely be pretty different.

I actually change less on my setup going back and forth from stock to mod buggy than most drivers, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. The only thing I normally recommend right off the bat, is running a little more rear wing when running mod, as you will be coming into the sweeper off the straight a bit hotter... But it kind of depends on the track. All the indoor tracks here are small enough where you are basically hitting and landing the jumps at the same pace. 90% of the time/speed difference between stock and mod, is done on the straight. (on my tracks).