R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
luvtorun
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey All, keep the PM's coming. Getting some great questions. I am answering them as I can get to them. I will be posting some of them on here so others can see what's being discussed. Of course, I am removing the usernames so I don't break the spirit and intent of a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXXXX
Hi,
What size or type of track ,Do you use for On-road asphalt ' Do you use oval tracks?

Sorry for the Questions.

XXXXX

XXXXX,

We currently run on smooth high bite asphalt. In fact, yesterday I was actually running D-compound rubber x-patterns on my heavy Nitro TC and they were hooking great with the standard mugen set up.

As we get more serious about it, the plan will be to run on a similar surface with a 100' straight away and 10' lanes. That should be able to accommodate just about any class of on-road. Some of our racers have asked about 1/8 nitro. If that's the case, we can always take the width out to 12' lanes. No issues at all on both locations we've been looking at.

There is currently no discussions about on-road oval. It is possible to accommodate racers wanting that, but first I need to get the road course location situated.

FYI....One of the locations we are going to be looking at is already laid out, just needs to be brought up to racing standards. I hope to talk to that business owner this week and work something out. If not, we are going to move forward with a build using the Chilhowie site. Once we have a location picked, I will definitely do my best to accommodate my oval brothers, so long as you all understand it more than likely won't be a banked surface.