R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 PM
luvtorun
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.

Hi All,

As many of you have already heard. On-road racing has officially ended for the season at Sir Goonies.

The Next stop for those boys will be the fall and winter racing at Terry's in Harriman (Gadget Hobbies). I'll leave the Goonies updates to Lee Mathis, but I'm ready for some on-road Nitro- so here goes.

About 5 of us Rocck Regulars, have a plan to get some on-road racing going. Thus far, we've just gotten together and ripped up some asphault, but we are ready for the next level.

We plan on getting together over the next month to decide where an how often to run.

Please note that most of us in the on-road project are racing Chilhowie, so ideally we would want to do something on off-weekends from that.

Many of the guys who are hearing about this, had requested that I start a thread on a project that I will personally be working on.

Well here it is: On-Road Racing (especially Nitro!!!) but all on-road is welcome.

Currently there are 10 Nitro TCs in the area, with no real open track worthy sights in place to accommodate that class.

I will begin posting On-Road info on this thread, but please PM if you are interested in getting added to my on-road distro list.

Please comment any interest you may have on this thread to keep it bumped, and please check back here for updates.

Oh, almost forgot, if anyone is looking to buy an on-road car- please ON ir call me first- don't worry I don't sell RC stuff generally, so there is no sales incentive...

I just want to make sure if you are thinking of investing $$, i want to make sure you get what you want. There is a big difference between a $450 RTR brick with wheels that can go 70+mph in a straight line, and a $120 race ready work of art that will hang with any race car on an on-road track. Just saying- both are great, but one has multiple applications and will save you tons of $$, and give you a bunch more return that drag racing alone.

Ok, I'm tired now.