R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Championship Series
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM
rcdave1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey
This past year Jackson RC hosted an excellent event on the East Coast with it's Tamiya like track ( curbs and all ) wouldnt it be a grand idea to support the folks on the east coast ( at least east of the Mississippi ) with a National level event on the east coast. Based on population demographics, and dollars per region spent on Tamiya gear that would be an interesting stat to see.

I propose at Nationals point system, those folks serious about competing for top prizes would be most interested. Instead of one track wonder set ups..how about getting the top drivers to travel east...

East coast Leg = Jackson RC, Tamiya nats style program with Triple A's
West caost leg = Tamiya track, then same as above

THEN, combine the results for your National Champ, so thats 6 A mains going towards your National Champ Results...

Now I know we will hear.... " Oh I cant afford to travel to New Jersey"... well then you may be ducking from top competion on the east coast,
Much like the East coast guys not willing to travel to the Tamiya track, they are ducking from the home feild advantage fast guys..

Now....Discuss !
Awesome idea Casey, would be much more fair than always having to travel to the west coast. Also might save some folks money that they can spend on additional or new equipment. West coast Nats and East coast Nats, fair for everyone!