R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What Do You Guys Run On-Road?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:14 PM
JeepnMike
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default What Do You Guys Run On-Road?

I know you guys hate newbie questions.. I can't totally call myself a newbie, I have been tinkering with buggies for 30 years. However, I have an itch to get a new car and I have plenty of off-road cars and have never really thought about an on-road car until now. I have poked around the web a bit and of course everyone always says to ask the locals and that is pretty much the crew here.

So.. What do you guys run for parking lot racing? I have always liked Tamiya products and would lean toward TRF kits, but as you guys know parts for Tamiya products are mail order only. My primary use will be parking lot racing and who knows if I will end up doing any carpet racing or not. I will probably build my first car for pavement and if I decide I like it enough I will build another for carpet. I do want something I can fit a standard LiPo hard case pack in (if possible) and unlimited motor and gear options.

I must be old because I always thought ultra-light RWD was the way to go (like pan cars) but it looks like just about every modern car is AWD.

Anyway, replies are definitely appreciated!!