R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First Race G4JR
Thread: First Race G4JR
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Italboy
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

Yes the G4JR does come with a 75cc tank that is race legal, comparing to the other cars you are looking at the G4+ Evo from Team Magic would be a comparison model compared to the Xray and KM Racing cars. The G4JR is an ready to run model with a basic radio and motor included which also has phillips heads wood screws through out compared to a hex head machine thread which has more bite in the material and less likely to pull out.

I have all three of these cars you are looking at the moment and at the moment my pick would be the Xray NT1 2012... I have had issues with screws falling out of the alloy bulkheads on my H-K1 (builder issue maybe!!!), but also have a huge soft spot for Team Magic too!

At the end of the day its your call and people with all ways be pro the car they have at the time, but also weigh up parts availablity and getting support locally from people at your local track.

Hope this helps
Andrew
Hi Andrew

Screws falling out of the alloy is definetly not a builder issue! :-) I had the same problem, not had, I still have the same problem!
Balestri told me that it is an issue with the Evo1 which was improved on the Evo2 (tighter measurements on screw holes).
Anyway, I would also go with a NT1 or a G4+ or G4RS 09. Both are easy to maintain and a dream to drive
As I'm driving the KM H-K1 I will pick up a G4RS09 and make some comparison tests in 2013