R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 12:05 PM
JAG Racing
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Yeah. I've been actually thinking about a Sirio outlaw .12 (w/blue heatsink). They have it at my LHS for about $179 or so. I may go with the standard one. The owner said, they didn't have upgrade parts for it now since the people who bought the R40 there didnt request any. So, I'm back on the R40 instead of the NTC3. Still, need to get a new battery pack, but I'll have more than enough for all that, maybe a new body and a can of paint. My friend sorta thinks the R40 is kinda like a money pit since it cost's quite a bit just to lighten the car. I'm not so sure about that. I mena it does cost a good amount, but it a really nice car.
I run my R40 nearly stock ( lightened shafts only ) w/ stock MT-12 engine and it runs just fine and I usually run in the 'A' main at the club level. I tend to believe my driving skills are holding me back more than the car's weight if you know what I mean. BUT, I think I'll try a few lightweight parts just to see. A lighter car should handle better and make it easier to drive.

If you are looking for a good deal on a brand new R40 ($219 + S&H) let me know! I also have some batteries, engines, etc.