R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 PM
yobouno
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WongTamiya
Why is the tb03 so unpopular? This thread is practically dead. After so long, you would think there would be more than 136 pages. :/
you're funny! TB03 is not unpopular, but the competition is steep!

Within Tamiya itself TB03 got TT01 which is cheaper and possibly almost as good to compete with, then Yokomo D1 Drift package, practically same design, comes with Bathtub and Carbon fibre chassis for almost the same price. Not to mention HPI and Hot bodies... There are so many choices out there to compete with TB03.

IMHO, TB03 only performs well in one area which is drift, and there are many drift chassis out there that is either cheaper, or as good or both.

In stock or any tourer and even TCS world, TB03 lacks the speed it needs to be competitive. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of TB03, but I have to turn to TA05 V2 or TRF to get the speed I need to compete. That leaves my TB03 for drifting. To make matters worst, the only place that have organised drift sessions don't even allow TB03, it's either YOKOMO or 3Racing... so at this moment, my TB03 is being shelved because it cannot be used in events that I participate in.

TB03 is a good chassis, unfortunately the gearing is not that great. It can give TA06 some hard time, but it won't be able to keep up with a TA05 V2. Sad but the tech spec doesn't lie.