R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
EDWARD2003
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Setup questions.

Hello Ya'll, I have a F103 15th Anniversary on a paved race circuit.

How many of you run your friction pads with no lubricant? I've noticed most of the guys here in Japan like to run it dry....

I guess running it dry helps to make the rear pod to be loose as possible. Should I try running a lubricant that will make the pads more slippery or just keep it dry. What are your friction plate settings?

Shock oil, spring and piston settings. Currently running, 3 hole, 55 weight, yellow spring. What do you run?

Also, the guy at the track said to switch from the rubber o-ring setup and move toward the pivot ball. What is the difference in tuning with a pivot ball vs. o-ring. Which ones do you run?

There are two types of front suspensions, the regular plastic and the carbon reinforced plastic. Under what conditions should I run them?

Since, the F103 has a full upper and lower carbon fibre deck. How can I produce more chassis flex with such a stiff chassis setup? Can I remove the top deck and replace it with the optional half deck? This will in-turn open up and free up the front end for additional flex, is this what I want for on road pavement racing?

My track is running 17.5, whats a good gear range? The motor has a 135 mm rotor... More torque than rpm..

Any other tips and suggestions would be great, or even direct me to some websites would also be helpful.