R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Meradin
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I run 17.5 and am struggling to keep up with our leader. While I will admit he is a slightly better driver than I am, I feel my car is holding me back a bit.

I have a pretty good setup and can post details if needed.

Where I am seeing trouble is a loose rear end on power. The leader can slam the gas out of every corner sooner and keep on the throttle much longer than I can into the sweeper at the end of the straight.

If I gas it out of the corner my car breaks the rear loose about mid corner. Same thing going into the sweeper at the end of the straight.

I am running the longerst wheel base and have a wider front width than the rear. Stiffer dampening up front than rear.

I was thinking of switching to the 2mm chasis to get me a bit more traction but I am unsure if that is the problem or solution.

I am running on carpet, not ozite, but a commercial low nap carpet you would find in an office. I have no basis for traction comparison but I have been told it is high grip. I do know it is higher grip than ozite as a local club uses that and i have been told there is much more grip here than at the club.

It is a very small track, 25x60? I am looking to be able to slam the gas right out of the last turn and hold it through the next turn if possible for a bit longer.

My head says need more rear traction but I am not sure that is the case. Everything I have read so far says high traction needs a stiff chasis which says to me you are tuning in less traction.

So what is happening in my car to break it loose, will a flexi chasis aide in me staying on power longer/sooner?