R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing new f1 F113
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Odin544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I know that some are going to "flame me" for this; but I don't like this body at all!! Follow me on this: Back in the 90's when 4wd touring cars first became a huge hit with on-road racers everywhere, the biggest draw was not only their ability to run and handle great on asphalt and carpet, but at the time they came with beautiful "scale" bodies from the likes of Tamiya and HPI. Also, the wheels were scale looking as well, no ugly solid dish wheels in neon colors, etc. Same with the bodies; they were painted and decaled like real cars; no ugly weird neon and flames paint schemes! Then companies like Protoform and others introduced the ultra-aerodynamic "blob" bodies that weren't a copy of any real car. The wheel and tire manufacturers responded with the ugly dish wheels that didn't look like any real wheels. Scale realisim and the original charm of touring car racing was sacrificed at the altar of all-out performance and speed!!

I see this move by 3 racing as the beginning of the same end result for F1 rc racing, because the "performance addicts" who have to be fastest and win at all costs will buy these bodies and toss out their beautiful scale Tamiya F1 bodies. Then they will all dump the rubber tires and some manufacturer will start selling white or neon green dish wheels with foams to give the ultimate performance!! The result will be that mainstream F1 rc racing will go the route of touring cars and lose it's soul, it's identity, and the charm that drew us to F1 racing in the first place!
I agree. The body is hideous.