R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:00 PM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Shorter wheel base is good on small tight technical track it gives you a lot of steering but you loose stability... Longer wheel base makes the car really easy to drive and very stable but you loose steering....
Yes and no, at MACH the team used a very short setup, while at RROC Marc was 0.5mm longer rear and Viktor who won was 0.5mm longer front and rear. I find short wheelbase has less cornerspeed, but maybe I need to change other settings to compensate for the extra grip

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Recently we acquired a 417 to do some testing and develop some items for the car. I have been very curious about the geometry and weight distribution of the car to help us further develop our RSD6 chassis platform. I also wanted to see which items would work cross-platform.

For what it's worth, I tested our bladders, shock seals and purple springs on the car. Every item outperformed the Tamiya counter parts and the purple springs actually had a better feel than the HPI Silver. However, our springs are 13mm vs 14mm in I.D.
Interesting, I have heard good things about your bladders, I may pick some up to test. Which HPI silvers did you try, black silver or silver silver?