R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 PM
koabich
Tech Master

Default Re: Steel or Composite Outdrives?

Originally posted by cpatel529
I want to know which outdrives are better for stock racing so that I can order them (if different) when I get my TC4? Also, I may do modified so I dont want to change my outdrives if and when I change over. Any help would be appreciated.
For stock racing, stick with the Plastic Associated units. You will not have any problem with these units running a stock motor. For added longevity use the IRS composite dogbones with the pin cushion. You will not have any problem running stock with these mods unless you constantly hit the walls. They may need to be replaced more often then you may be willing to.
If you are looking for more strenght, use the IRS Aluminum Outdrives. These are perforect for added strenght and reliability. They are also a lot lighter than the steel units. When used with the pin cushins, they will last forever!

For the record, last race season, I ran my TC3 in the stock class (carpet, foams) with IRS Alum. Outdrives in the front and the Assocaited Plactic units in the rear. I ran the IRS composite dog bones on all four courners. I didn't need to replace 1 dogbone, the IRS Alum Outdrives show zero wear and I only had to replace the rear plasticx outdrives once.