R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Battery or charger - What one is dead?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 12:10 AM
OMG23RC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Battery or charger - What one is dead?

Hi,
as you guys know, i screwed the polarity with my battery. So i went out and got a tekin rs and redline 10.5 as my esc got fired. I charged the battery that i accidentally swapped polarity for the first time since the "incident" and it seemed to charge just fine. After I had a run at the track today, towards the end of the run the car started slowing down dramatically (idk if the tekins lvd failed or what?) so anyway i took off my battery just in case my lvd failed. When i went back to charge my battery on my venom pro charger it says "connection break". I dont know why it said this since I just charged my lipo before and nothing had changed. I then tried to charge one of my nimhs and it worked perfectly. So is it my battery or my charger? Also if it was a dead battery do you rekon that's why it slowed down at the end or do you rekon my lvd failed. Its set a 3.4v. The battery is a 2s winmax 5200mah 30c battery.
Any help would be great. Thanks
P.S heres a vid. This person has the exact same problem as me not sure if he reversed polarity though haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV70z2__QJw