R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak GP3300 Batteries
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Charlie
Tech Master

You guys ever hear of Marketing. Well that is a fine example of it.

Novak's battery matching system uses different information to match cells. The resting voltage is not used, and 3 different voltages are compared. The Total discharge voltage, the 4 minute, and 5 minute voltage are listed. The runtime and voltage numbers on Novak Cells should not really be "Compared" to other matchers. Engineering tells me our machines are much more accurate and should provide a better "match" on the pack. Customers/racers that have used our packs and reported back had very good things to say about their "Cycle" numbers and the on track use.

In fact, even different matchers that use the same machine should not be compared. It's a tough game to play, and really customers are usually not aware of any of this. Each machine is different and even the temperature of the room, and how the cells are zapped by that matcher effect the numbers.

I've run the packs alot, as well as a handfull of our team drivers. We took Novak packs to the Carpet Nats, and won, took them to the Reedy Race and won. I'm not saying the cells made anyone win, we know that's usually never the case right , but they didn't cost them anything either.

Feel free to email us anytime if you have questions or comments.

GP still states there is no better grade of cell or better cell available.

Thanks for your time,
Charlie