R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:24 PM
NolanP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
There is a minimum and maximum number of teeth you can fit on any car when you add the pinion and spur.

Example: 90 tooth spur and 45 tooth pinion= 135 total teeth.
135 total teeth may be as far forward as the motor can go.

90 tooth spur and 32 tooth pinion= 122 total teeth.
122 total teeth may be as far back as the motor can go.

I have no idea what will fit on this car but I can assure you it can be geared properly, just like every other car out there.

You just need to find out what the minimum and maximum number of teeth will fit and adjust your spur pinion to fit in that window.
It's actually more my frustration with availability more than the car. The Xray was very forgiving. I just over looked the fact that Xray spurs DO NOT work with this car due to the offset. I have some gears ordered. I will get it figured out. The car seems like it will be a beast when I finally get to run it. It's hard with support being so far away but when this car get's dialed in I have a feeling it's going to be virtually impossible to keep up with.

As i have now done some research with the car.
Kyosho makes a gear that has four holes Kyotf015-94 then just change the last two 88 or 96. Both those should put you in the wheel house for 17.5/13.5

Robinson Makes gears but it will only allow two screws
Kimbrough same concept only two screws.
CRC makes some gears two screws

All 88-96 range.

As I continue to get this going I will post a setup sheet once I finally get to run the car which is looking like next weekend.