R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PRC Quad12
Thread: PRC Quad12
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Tim Stamper
Tech Addict

Originally posted by clinttredway
I want to chime in here on the weight issue.

Our 'fast' guy is running a stock L4 and my friend that has a Q12 can easily run with him. We have not wieghed both of thier cars, but I would bet the L4 is a tad lighter, but on the track it is not noticable.

What I can say, is that, the Q12 handles better than the L4, as I have driven both. I have driven an L4, Rev 3, and Rug Rat, and the Q12 is by far the best handling. The better handling makes up for the 1oz weigth difference.. again, this is my opinion
That's cool. I just gotta do what I gotta do. Been racing a long time with a slightly overweight car and now I want to trim it down a little.

After seeing Adam's Q12 in action last year, I decided that the car is a good choice for me. I was doing very well with my own design, but it's time to run something different.

It still all boils down to who is behind the wheel. I was able to take my 35oz pig of a car to all of the A-mains in the CRL last year. It still finished 8th overall. 2 of the races, I finished behind a full factory IRS driver and ahead of some other factory drivers.

See y'all soon in Cleveland. Adam, maybe see ya Thursday?

Tim