R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - dougwalter911: Scammer?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Overtorqued
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TZap
Popcorn and drama, 2 of my favoritest things.

If he is in the military you can call his unit and get ahold of his commander and explain the circumstances, then he will have to at the VERY least, go to his commander and defend/explain his side. Commanders HATE soldiers getting in to any kind of trouble and will hem him up. Explain to the commander that you are planning to go to the local authorities/media, I guarantee that will get his attention.

Just find his address then search nearest military installations and phone the main line number. Ask for the Company Commander
I wouldn't do that...we're only talking $50 here. But this whole thing is so bizarre I'm just curious now to see what happens.

I now have heard two different possible reasons for his lack of following through on the deal and his lack of communication (I actually have had PM's in response to the post in the thread that Jrcheese so eloquently referenced). However, based on the frequent logging in on his account and a post that seemed to indicate he was attending an r/c race just recently, I really find it hard to believe that at least some communication wasn't possible. The only real exception to that is if someone else is using his account on here.