R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT-E
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Tyres / Tires

I thought I would chime in here, been racing GT8e's for a couple of years in CA.

For tyres, most of us run PMT Rally 06, here in so cal. I'd also recommend thr GRPs as well. The rubber on these tyres is similar to 1:1 tyres. They can take the abuse of the 1/8 brushless motors. That's why theyre also used on 1/5 scale. The downside of these type of tyres are that they take a while to warm up. However once they do, the grip they offer is amazing and it's hard to make them overheat. They also last a long time.

The sweeps and others are a latex rubber, similar to 1/10 scale. They're great tyres and offer amazing grip... with little warm up time required. They also work well with GT8 nitro and are more popular than pmt / grp. However brushless is a different animal. The immediate torque that these motors have is insane. These motors overheat the latex type tyres with extreme ease. So unless your a smooth driver ( which I'm far from) by middle of heat, you will over heat your tyres and be all over the place.

That's my 2 cents. Enjoy the car, it's a welcome addition to the GT8 class.