R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM
chris moore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Csaari77
This season will be my first running 1/12 and I have a few questions. Our track is fairly small with medium grip carpet and we will be running 13.5 blinky. I'm planning on using a Tekin RS and was wondering what are the pros and cons between using a booster vs. a receiver pack? What would be a good neutral handling body to get started with?
I prefer the booster as I only have one charger and dont want to buy another to charge the rec pack. I've run the TQ booster as well as the cheap $10 booster form China that Stormer sells. Both have performed well, in fact just this yr I had to retire my first TQ unit which I bought 5yrs ago. As Lonnie said the AMR is a solid well rounded shell but if you feel like experimenting I'd suggest back to back runs with one of the CRC and a Speed8 HD shells. By running the three shells back to back you would get a good feel for the way each handles. Just an observation, if possible you might want to consider 17.5 vs 13.5, it might be easier to lay down better lap times on your small med grip track with the 17.5.