R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Rockthecatbox21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb
I have yet to puff either a gens ace or nanotech with the sc401 4000kv geared at 14 teeth and I run them to cut off all the time and hammer on it.
Originally Posted by TCCustoms
RX/TX would be a good place to start...if you can borrow from someone you know and try out their gear that would help. I do have a RX/TX from the AE SC10 4x4 that my brother in law is selling for $55 shipped i believe if u really need something
Also check temps, is the ESC hot, is the motor hot...how bout the wiring?

i have the HW SCT Pro and HW 4700kv motor with 13t pinion and with my set-up i have yet to puff or get the batteries even warm so as long as your solder job is good and you dont have a bunch of resistance from connections you should be solid. If you can have the wire come out of the esc and put the bullets on the wire and get the batteries with the bullet connections in the pack and not direct wired. I have the cheap duratrax bullets and they work fine but people also like the CC bullets but get the longest ones you can that will fit in your pack...i have the 6.6 nano's with the 65-130c rating and love them, i think you will to!
keyword 4000Kv not 4600

Different motor dude. But i agree nanotecs are awesome. I am using the castle 4mm bullets on my motor connections and protek rc 4mm bullets on my batteries with no problems. Both are great for any connection. (proteks are easier to solder).