R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT-E
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Bhodi11
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Voltron989
I really dont see a reason to run a RX8 w/ a castle 2200 unless you have both on hand already and wanted to put something together.
At best it will behave like a RX8 with a T8 motor with the Sensor wire disconnected, It will start to roll out smooth and then will jerk/Jolt before taking off. Try it out with another car you have with a tekin combo and diconnect the sensor and roll out slow from a stop, you will notice what im talking about. Roll out will not be linear. you may be able to smooth it out a little using hotwire but i dont think you would be able to get rid of it completely. i dont know if its just me or what but it just seems like tekin motors are more quite then the Castle motors. even with the car off and rolling it back and forth the mesh seems so much more quite with the tekins. might just be me though.

I really wish MMM came Sensored, I have never delt with a company that has better customer service then Castle. Ive sent multiple MMM ESC's back to them and within 7-10 days ill have a replacement in my hands plus the MMM ESC's run much more cooler the the RX8's. I will never run another RX8 without an upgraded fan again
Tekin's customer service isnt bad either, I sent them a melted RX8 and they sent me a sealed BNIB RX8 but 120 days vs 1 year is a big difference and i dont know how friendly they will be if i have to send them back another melted ESC.
I just purchased a Tekin 2250kv RX8 combo to put in my DM1e and moved the Mamba 2200kv setup into my buggy. Im going to use the Tekin 1900kv RX8 combo in the Cobra. I took out the DM1e tonight and ran several packs through it. Awesome motor, stays cool, great run times too. Even driving it hard on 4S. At any rate I will get to the point. I forgot to plug in the sensor cable and did not even realize it until I was putting in the 4th pack. I thought it did not seem quite as smooth as I thought it would be but did not have any cogging whatsoever. It is still a night and day difference over the Mamba running unsensored. I am going to run it some more tomorrow with the sensor cable in (left it at home tonight) and out. May even hot swap the Mamba in for comparison. An additional note hotwire was all default settings except for voltage cutoff.