R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Sleighty
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TryHard
well I'll be running mine at the winter series anyway, had been racing up there at don valley pretty regularly before I moved back to uni.

Parts supply in the uk.... simply put, it's a joke. There is pretty much no support over here, I've mainly been getting my parts from speedtechrc (in the US), or rainbow ten (in Japan). To be honest there as quick as any uk shop, plus a bit cheaper.
Hopefully it won't put you off the 415 though, it is an awesome car.
When I was looking to buy a new one, it ended up a toss up betweent he Xray FK and the 415. I went for the 415, mainly to be different, as there are so many X-rays around now (especially oop north). However it is just as good as the Xray, if not faster, and I was able to try this the other day, as I tested an Mi2, Xray Fk, and my 415 back to back. All were as quick as each other, the mi2 a little more reluctant to turn in initally (but that might be because it was running a diff and not 1-way), but the between the FK and 415, there was nothing to choose.

Spare parts, hmm. The only bits i've broken in 3 months are one front wishbone and one alu ball joint (and some bent hinge-pins ans suspension blocks, but I know the cause of that, and it was user error, not a part breakage). So it's tough. Just get the usual (spare arms, hub carriers etc).

Hop-ups, I would recomend getting hold of a lwt arm set (it deffiently feels quicker in my eyes), but I think they are very difficult to get hold of atm.
Apart from that, I would deffiently get the locked centre pulley and a spool (both avaliable from speedtech) as the grip at DV can be pretty low to start with. You might want to look into trying to make a diff (see earlier in this thread), but I can't comment on it as I haven't (yet) bothered.

Hope it helps, and cya at the winter series.

Ed
thanks Try hard,
Just wondering who the Tamiya Distributor is in the UK? as i work for a Model Shop now and i assume its still The Hobby Company who distributes them? If so do you know of any contact details. Maybe i will be able to make the parts support a little better

Hopefully i will see you, and beat you at the winter series

thanks