R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - potential scammer
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:12 PM
scooter1
Tech Initiate

Default potential scammer

Hi all, I am dealing with what I think may be a scammer. Found a guy on the buy/sell and made a deal with him to trade an airplane for a radio. I sent my item and used delivery confirmation/insurance so I know he received. Well of course I now can't get a hold of him, not returning pm's and the phone number I talked to him on is mysteriously not working. I've sent him pm's and infinite texts to no avail. Trade was agreed on last weds 9/5, I sent Friday 9/7. I spoke with him Monday and he confirmed he had received. This is the first problem because he had agreed to send Saturday, but claimed the tracking I'd given him wasn't working and that he was afraid I was trying to pull something funny. So, he said he held off but agreed to send the next day, Tuesday 9/11, since it had arrived. It is now Friday 9/14 and I have no communication and no radio. I'm leaving his name out for now on the off chance that I receive the radio tomorrow or Monday. Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice as far as finding out more contact info, or perhaps filing mail fraud. I do have messages where he confirms he would send. Any productive advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!