R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
napoleon1981
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BossPlaya
Thank you for the response, napoleon. I'm also considering the TC6 and the new HB TCXX. I'm really really new to touring cars, so bear with me. What are the major differences between those 3 cars in terms of ease of use and maintenance. Is there anything about the TRF417 that makes it harder for beginners to dial in and tune?
All of them are good choices and excellent cars. The ease of use and maintenance part will mainly be determined by the people at your track and your local hobby store. Getting a car that is commonly used by the local fast guys might be very valuable in terms of knowledge and setup transfer to you as a beginner. Also getting a car that is supported by your local track/hobby store gives you easy access to parts.

If you take that all out of the equation there is probably not much different in terms of working on the car or setting them up. I have a 417x and I absolutely love it. The local guys run xray and TC6.1s and it took me a meeting or 3 to get the car on pace as I had to figure it all out by myself.