R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4.1 FT/WC
Thread: RC10B4.1 FT/WC
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 AM
EricJ
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gguertin145
not really a buggy question but looking for a good answer.

In offroad what would you consider a quality pinion? All of mine are either starred or beatup over time I want to replace them all with 1 brand...

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Michael#81
Robinson Racing. I have been running there pinions for years and they have been really good.
+1, especially the steel ones. Don't run the aluminum pinions unless you need a large size they don't make in steel. The aluminums still holds up decent in a buggy, but nowhere near steel.

I know guys like to run pinions for a whole year or some even longer but if I run the same gears I will change them out and throw them away after 5-6 races. Same goes for the spur. It is a couple $$'s to spend but it is better then going to a big race or even a club race and having a DNF in a main.
That's crazy and senseless. The pinions last forever. If you're not meshing them right, your spur will go, but won't if it's meshed right. However, once they're damaged or showing distinct wear, you should replace them.

Originally Posted by drcguy
Fixed for clarity in the original post.
13.99 retail per kit
That's decent. Similar to the cost of the old kits and they won't take up as much space in the parts box. As long as we don't end up needing some crazy mix of Kyosho, Avid, Losi, etc, springs to get sufficient options...