R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Info for you DM-1 racers out there.

I have done a lot of travelling and racing this summer for GT8 only or mixed nitro events. I have found some more speed in the car with some chassis tunning. I've had help from Bill Sydor who was running the DM1 up to the Joliet race this summer, then switched to Serpent. At the Sweep race at Floyd Bennett Raceway labor day weekend, he .... well Sweeped the field.

In practice Saturday he turned 17.2's to 17.4's in his car. I handed him my radio and with in a few laps 17.2"s and 17.3"s lap times came out of my DM-1.

The same chassis set up and parts were on a back up car that I loaned to a long time racer, that had not run nitro for 2-3 years. He missed TQ of the Sportsman Class by 0.10 on 5 min, but was able to take win. Great result the first time out with the car.

So, parts will be available shortly through Darkside Motorsports (not for a few weeks) but if you are interested, send me a PM here on RC Tech.

Parts include - shock tower front and rear that use the front shocks on both ends, roll center change to the gear boxes and a new front bumper that fits the McLaren body in my avatar. I am working on other items, but if you think the DM-1 is slow to any other car out there, think again.