Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 PM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
I'm afraid I would have to disagree.

Right now my "Spec 17.5" car is just as fast as when I used to run Mod with a 9x2 and 2400s. Excessive speed is the issue with mod. The talent pool is very thin for people that can handle the speed or commitment to run the class competitively. Almost anyone could handle the speed back then and only those that could actually drive were competitive. Bottom line was "more" people were comfortable racing mod back then and the turn outs for Mod proved it. It was "THE" class back then.
A lot of people feel this way... Not everyone, but a hell of a lot do.... (Greater then 80%)

Everyone - let me try saying it this way.

Fact: at the 2011 and 2012 ROAR on-road Paved Nationals we had 3 TC classes:
- 17.5 Stock
- 13.5 Stock
- Mod

Fact: What we are NOT talking about another class in the format.

The request is to limit the 17.5 Stock class to NON Pro drivers. They can run 13.5 Stock and Mod.

Is that unreasonable?

If not, Great...

Then we can move on to what 17.5 Stock rules would look like.... Which would be a very lively part of this... But I would say we take a long look at IIC as they are doing it, and make that your base to build from or keep as it is.

Also if you include the National Series, I do not think most have a problem with NOT having 17.5 Stock as part of the "Grand Champion" award... As it will be attended mainly by locals...