R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbyplex, Omaha fall-winter 2012/2013 Offroad schedule
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM
FroBoy
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hobbyplex, Omaha fall-winter 2012/2013 Offroad schedule

Its time to start thinking about this fall and winter.

Tuesdays and Fridays will remain the same. I am instituting the 5-minute rule if we end up with more than 12 heats on a Friday. If there are more than 12 heats, all qualifiers will be reduced to 5-minutes. Mains will still be 6-minutes. Doing so will shave at least a half hour off the race night.

New for this year is the Winter 1:8 Off-road Series. The same format as the Summer Series. Best 5 out of 6 races.

The dates for the Winter Series are: Oct 28, Nov 25, Dec 16, Jan 27, Feb 24, March 24.

Classes are 1:8 nitro buggy and truggy, 1:8 electric buggy and truggy.

Doors open at 8am, racing starts at 11:30.

For all you out of town guys that want to race on Fridays, but can't because of the late night, we'll be racing some electric only 1:10 scale Sundays. Its not a series, just regular racing on Sundays.

The dates for the electric only 1:10 scale Sundays are: October 21, November 18, December 2, January 20, February 3 and 17, March 17.

Doors will open at 9. Racing will start at 12:30.

For these Sundays only, we'll reintroduce the PRO-20 class. It's Mod Truck with a 20-minute main that will be ran last in the mains order. There's been a lot of us talking about doing again, but it wouldn't be appropriate for Friday night as it takes a while already.

Here are the classes for Sundays:

Plexspec Beginners, Stock Truck, Stock Buggy, Mod Buggy, 4wd mod?, Pro-20, Pro-SCT, Pro-4 SCT.

Nothing against the electric 1:8th scales, but I'd really like you guys to plan on racing the Winter 1:8 Series.

Beyond that we'll be having the Novak race again the first weekend in January. We were just short of 200 entries last year, I'm sure this next time it'll be huge!

I'll have fliers up for all the above info soon, but for now start spreading the word.

Last edited by FroBoy; 09-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.