R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2012
Thread: Xray T3 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 AM
B00t13g
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
It seems like this is comes up from time to time. I know is was talked about in the '11 thread a bit as well.

I followed the direction and example of others and had the servo horn mounted straight up and down with the servo trims and centered. I had to use sub trim to get it stright up and down due to the servo splines.

I then adjusted the endpoints to get to max mechanical throw and raced. Something always seemd a bit off. The car would behave a bit different one way than it did the other.

I started to look into this and found that while I had the same deflection in both directions (max throw), the end points in my radio were more than 30 points away from each other. I don't know a bunch about radios but if there is more throw one way than the other, that seems to me that the car would steer one way differently than the other.

I looked online and found a great techique to use to get your endpoints the same and even travel left to right. Since doing this, my cars drive much better. Basically, for me, the relationship of the draglink and the horn need to be 90 degrees, not the horn and the chasis. That way the arc that the horn travels is perfectly symetrical from left to right.

It is complecated but not too much so. PM me and I can send you the procedure I use.
Can you post the link to your procedure?