R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Election
Thread: ROAR Election
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
And that's part of the issue, comfortability! Which is an issue only here in the good old USA! The natural progression should be to challenge yourself by moving up once you have become consistently competitive in stock. This is how it used to be! There are no World Championships in RC based upon stock motors!!! "Without struggle there's no progress!!!"
Your missing the fact that a number of us do this as a hobby. Personally I have no interest in running Mod, I would have to rebuild the car weekly, a crash is very costly and here is the number one reason for me personally, it is just to fast for my OLD ass... It is fun to watch, but 17.5 or 13.5 is all I care to handle. I want to go race, and increase my skills have fun.

Now if you do not agree, ok you have your path you have the classes that meet your requirements. Why is it so hard to allow the others to have a class that meets their requirements? No one is asking you to race it.

I know, most will say run VTA.... While I 100% agree with this structure of the class, I have no interest in the bodies, tires or that damn Driver figure.. Again I 100% agree with VTA, just like off-road, it is not for me.