R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Baton Rouge Needs a Track
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Nsx838
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127
That my friend is easier said then done. Everyone says SOMEONE needs to open a track. Well when someone does open a if and when people show to run then they are no where to be seen during rebuilds or repair. THEN no one is ever happy with the layout. Also SOMEONE has to pay for everything. I am actually just paying off bills from a track I was a co-owner in we decided to shut down 3 years ago because we decided to be the SOMEONE who tried to open a track. So I truly understand why tracks are closing and you are not seeing new tracks open. I hate to say it but I know what it is like from both sides, being both a racer and a owner. I hate to say it but until SOMEONE decides to build a track there you will just have to either bash around or travel to run. Sorry to be so short and blunt.

I get what you're saying but I'm just a little shock to not see one in Baton Rouge. It's not a small town, it's a city. Seems like most of the tracks are moving into towns and away from the city or maybe just not enough interest in this area. Idk

Well, for the meantime it's a hour drive to either Springfield, New Orleans or Lafeyette.