R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 09-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Silver04RS
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adubaz7
I might have missed it further back but what the question I was answering was the truck comes off jumps front end high and he said he could not get it to bring the nose down not that it was coming off jumps nose down. If the truck was nose down then I would look at brakes being too aggresive or too much drag brake yes, but the truck like most 2wd SC trucks do tends to come off jumps nose up and no matter how much brake you have it will struggle bring the nose down with alot of weight to the back of the truck. This is why I tried running short pack all the way forward so there is less weight to the back of the truck making it want to come off the jump less nose high and if it is nose high it is easier to get it to rotate to flat or nose down with brakes. This worked great for me as I just raced a track with massive tripples so I was flying high in the air and had great control of the truck while in the air. As I stated before though give it a try because it will not work for everyone because rear traction may suffer a bit, for me the truck still had plenty but if you like the way it flys but need more rear bite you should be able to go one softer on the rear spring due to less weight in the rear of truck.
Let me know if you try it and like it. This work great for me.
SC likes to catch wind if you come off the lip on throttle... no matter what you do

When I run a track with a big jump you need motor... and lots of it. Come in to the jump a little hotter than normal and get off the gas sooner than normal. You can always use the throttle to get the front end back up but once the wind has grabbed the body no way a little brake is going to get it back down

The triple at OCRC is pretty dam big right now but my truc never had an issue over it at Surf City